Games Finance Manager
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft, Zenimax and the video game studios it oversees (such as Bethesda Game Studios, id Studios, & Arkane Studios) makes world class video games enjoyed by fans all around the globe. This Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) position would be based out of ZeniMax’s headquarters in Rockville, MD, and we are looking for a sharp, organized, detail-oriented professional with at least five years of financial experience.
This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. Working closely with our video game production studios, this individual will help lead the Company’s annual budgeting process, quarterly reforecasting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. The ideal candidate will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities and other projects requested by senior management. This function is the central analytical resource for the company and will provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
- Manage the company’s global monthly/quarterly forecasting, annual planning, and management reporting processes
- Support decision-making and strategic planning activities, serving as a key resource to senior decision makers in the business
- Mentor team individuals to provide the same level of value-added management reporting, decision support and financial analysis
- Drive the creation and publication of financial dashboards.
- Coordinate operational input from internal stakeholders
- Support efforts for system implementations, report redesign, and process improvements
- Assist in corporate transactions (e.g., financings, M&A activities, etc.) as requested
- Identify financial issues and opportunities
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by Leadership Team members
- 5+ years experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Knowledge of major ERP systems (SAP/Oracle) and planning software (Hyperion Planning/Adaptive Planning)
- Expert working knowledge of advanced Excel features
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, etc.); MBA preferred
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) work experience in Video Games, Social Media, or Entertainment including knowledge of major KPI metrics
- An enthusiasm for video games