(Closed) Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager in ZeniMax Asia K.K. under the direction and supervision of the Global Corporate Facilities Manager is responsible for the security, customers service, appearance and cleanliness of Bethesda Softworks – Japan (game publishing section) and Tango Gameworks (game development studio) for ZeniMax Media facilities, including employee offices and work spaces, commons & shared spaces, kitchen equipment, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) equipment, server room CRAC, emergency power, plumbing, and electrical systems.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for end-to-end general facilities and management support of our Tokyo based facility/studio, and will partner and align with the following key stakeholders:
- Global Facilities management team on strategy and alignment of global and local needs to enable the business
- Risk management and ensure our facilities environment meet all safety and recovery requirements locally and globally
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors; maintain service level agreements
- Direct the overall provision of facility support services such as purchasing, office equipment repair, building maintenance and housekeeping, safety, security, coordinate furniture and equipment relocation, refreshment services, cost control and quality issues
- Supervise internal and contracted housekeeping staff and security guards
- Manage vendor contracts and assist global and local stakeholders to review, negotiate, initiate, and renew contracts and leases
- Prepare and deliver consolidated reporting and reviews of all budgets, financial reports, contracts, expenditures, and purchase orders related to the facility
- Identify areas for greater efficiency and cost savings and implement solutions
- Maintain the safety and security of the facilities & employees by knowing and executing emergency and security procedures. Maintain fire suppression and fire alarm systems.
- Liaise with property management personnel, contractors, suppliers, distributors, utility providers, as well as environmental and energy agencies
- Monitor all building systems; maintain as well as recognize and correct issues with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, sprinkler, generator, and elevators in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensure all systems are inspected and in accordance with local regulations
- Coordinates and oversee contractors who provide services and maintenance for HVAC, water, electricity, painting, cleaning, security, and general building maintenance services to facilities
- Review and inspect construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications
- Assume responsibility and maintain an on-site presence in the event of emergencies (e.g. water leaks, plumbing back-ups, non-functioning door closers, etc.)
- The Manager must be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary for building projects and be on-call 24/7/365 for building emergencies, power outages, alarms (fire, security, HVAC, generator)
- Assist or manage company event set-ups
- Knowledge and experience of Business Continuity (BCP) as facilities professional by working with the business leaders.
- Assists the local management and stakeholders in support of a unified and complementary team.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in a facility, maintenance supervision, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, operations management or related field preferred. Certification in facilities management is a plus
- Experience negotiating with vendors with budgetary and cost considerations
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver
- Business level of both English and Japanese
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills
- Proficiency in MSFT Office, Word, Excel, PPT
- Proficiency in email, cellphone communications, and corporate networks
- Experience of working in the global matrix organiztaion.