Our DevOps Programmer will be an integral part of the team that not only helps the company take advantage of emerging trends but helps drive and define the trend. As part of the team you will help ideate, investigate, and prove new techniques which can be used to improve both current and future Zenimax titles and services. You will be asked to not only write significant portions of new code bases but maintain and integrate that code into existing code bases as well. Our team is results driven and we are looking for people who want to actualize real world technologies that impact the industry in a profound way. Expect your abilities and scope of work to expand in a fast paced and highly innovative environment.
The DevOps Programmer is responsible for co-developing requirements for new services, engaging in iterative development on infrastructure and applications, and supporting the operations team with adapting services in the live environment.
- Build, support, and lead operation of our internal services infrastructure.
- Operationalize services built for new technologies in concert with external operations and platform teams.
- Lead interface for operations and platform teams as they operate services supporting new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years or more hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services
- 3+ years working with Linux in a production environment.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration that surround their use (docker, containerd, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with multiple cloud provider offerings, frameworks and the software ecosystems that surrounds their use. (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Linux administration experience on multiple distributions
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Experience with programming languages in one or more of the following Typescript/NodeJS, Python, C/C++, Java, Golang, C#
- Experience with monitoring, reporting, and logging tools at local and cloud scale
- Knowledge of version control systems and branching concepts (e.g. GitHub, Perforce)
- Experience using and/or developing CI/CD pipelines and workflows (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Good understanding of OSI model fundamentals and applied experience with networking and NAT traversal
- Experience writing resilient, secure, well-tested, maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Windows & MacOS administration experience
- Experience using databases (e.g MySQL, MongoDB, Azure CosmosDB, AWS DynamoDB)
- Experience using various storage solutions (Object/Block/File)
- Experience with various messaging technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, AWS Firehose, Azure EventHub, Kafka)
- Exposure with one or more configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Exposure to one or more infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, OpenStack Heat)
- Good understanding of DNS, TLS, and certificate management
- Experience configuring and implementing authNZ protocols with new services using common identity providers (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, AWS Cognito)