Development Services Programmer
The Development Services Programmer will work side-by-side with the development, operations, and external platform teams and be primarily responsible for automation of our hybrid cloud services. As a principal contributor to idTech, this position is a versatile opportunity to contribute to the success of development with idTech by leveraging the latest technologies in a variety of scales and levels of complexity, within a driven and collaborative team of idTech generalists.
The Development Services Programmer is responsible for co-developing requirements for new services, engaging in iterative development on infrastructure and applications, and supporting the operations team with adapting services in the live environment. This position is the primary owner of the DevOps problem space in idTech development and the solutions necessary to accelerate services and game development, as well as the live services that idTech games rely on to serve our customers. Not limited to:
- Evaluating and selecting existing software technology to build automation solutions for idTech Services.
- Building, supporting, and leading operation our next-generation internal services for idTech development across studios leveraging idTech.
- Operationalizing services built for future idTech services in concert with external operations and platform teams.
- Interface for operations and platform teams as they operate services supporting idTech titles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services
- Windows & Linux experience on multiple distributions
- Experience with programming languages in one or more of the following Typescript/NodeJS, Python, C/C++, Java, Golang, C#
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Experience using databases (e.g MySQL, MongoDB, Azure CosmosDB, AWS DynamoDB)
- Experience using and/or developing CI/CD pipelines and workflows (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Experience with software packaging & distribution and documenting code (e.g. npm, pip, apt, choco)
- Experience writing resilient, secure, well-tested, maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with various messaging technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, AWS Firehose, Azure EventHub, Kafka)
- Experience with multiple cloud provider offerings, frameworks and the software ecosystems that surrounds their use. (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Exposure with one or more configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Exposure to one or more infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, OpenStack Heat)
- Good understanding of DNS, TLS, and certificate management
- Experience configuring and implementing authNZ protocols with new services using common identity providers (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, AWS Cognito)
- Exposure to cloud provider machine learning services