ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the “Applicant Privacy Notice” section below, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through this job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS JOB, SHARING THIS JOB OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE , WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW.
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for talented and self-driven Data Developer with strong technical skills to join the team that is pushing the bleeding-edge AAA game development for mobile platforms. The Data Developer will work with our Data Scientist and programmers in building and maintaining data solutions to support analytics initiatives to improve player experience and game performance as well as increase player retention and monetization.
- Build new and extend existing data structures to support game analytics;
- Maintain large, multi-terabyte Apache Spark databases which includes performance tuning and data retention/purge processes;
- Research and troubleshoot data quality issues, providing fixes and proposing both short- and long-term solutions;
- Prepare designs for database systems and recommend improvements for performance;
- Maintain and develop various Python / Scala database scripts and tools to facilitate automation processes;
- Provide support related to all data tracking initiatives;
- Evaluate the implementation of data tracking in the game all proposals requests and assist to improve the logs structure and schema to optimize for querying speed;
- Assist data scientists to wrangle data and build working tables to speed analysis;
- Optimize SQL queries to improve processing speeds on Spark clusters.
- Passion for video games;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in developing, managing, maintaining and optimizing large, multi-terabyte data environments including the pipelines of data and ETL processes feeding into it;
- Very strong experience with Apache Spark or a similar technology;
- Expert level SQL skills;
- Solid experience in scripting and programming languages such as Python, Scala, Linux Shell, C# scripting;
- Data modeling experience for both transactional and data warehousing environments including familiarity with Kimball dimensional and 3NF modeling standards;
- Experience working with a variety of data sources such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, S3, HDFS, and Dynamo DB;
- Experience using source control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, etc.);
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.