We are looking for a talented and experienced Character Rigger to help us develop a robust studio level rigging system. As the Character Rigger, you will be involved in the design and implementation of the system from the earliest stages. You will work with Animation to determine features, needs, and desires. You will also work with Engineering to develop an efficient pathway between the tools and the game.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote. Please apply for more information.
- Build a rigging system that can support many characters and machines
- Build and maintain high-quality, high-performance animation rigs
- Work closely with Modelers and Animators to ensure all disciplines are getting what they need
- Develop tools to support Animation
- Document system and advocate best practices
- 3+ years of industry experience in character rigging (Maya/3ds Max)
- Understanding of Python or another object oriented scripting language
- Understanding of anatomy and kinematics
- Ability and interest in rigging biomorphics and mechanics
- Understanding of animation pipelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and creative team members
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Self-sufficient, independent, and proactive
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: USD/OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- Experience working with third party animation tools (Havok, Granny, etc.)
*Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.