Bilingual SLG Game Designer for Transformers IP in Mobile Games
Looking for a new challenge?
Yodo1 is a global games company on a mission. We partner with developers and studios to develop and localize games as well as optimize in-game purchases and advertisements. Our games reach millions of players worldwide.
We need a Chinese- and English-speaking Game Designer to help us innovate design and monetization strategies for Transformers IP in one of our hit games and reach a greater audience in China.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow by:
- Working with world-class IP and designing it to resonate in the world's largest mobile gaming market;
- Mastering the balance of a simulation game;
- Contributing creative ideas to bring breakthroughs to one of our established top games.
Successful candidates will advance to a team lead position.
What does success look like?
At Yodo1, our first question is always WDSLL: What Does Success Look Like? For your role, success looks like this:
- Frequently sharing your insights on design and game monetization with the team; contributing suggestions and making decisions on how to enhance our games;
- Independently adding new designs to augment current content for our Chinese audiences; analyzing performance and proactively refining the game in future iterations;
- Continuously improving your skills and creating higher-value content;
- Helping determine the roadmap content based on your knowledge and understanding of the game and creating a design that enables continuous monetization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and refining the game system, monetization, and game play;
- Independently designing game characters and stats, maintaining game balance and developing game test documents;
- Cooperating with our programmers to develop features and monitor their progress, making post-launch adjustments to ensure the success of the product;
- Analyzing game metrics and data and creating improvement plans;
- Analyzing mainstream products and market trends to learn popular gameplay and understand players’ taste; applying new insights in the design work.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in SLG or COC-like game design for the Chinese market;
- Software: 1+ year of experience using Unity3D;
- Data analysis: able to make metric-based improvement plans to increase revenue; taking initiative to discover problems and propose and implement solutions;
- Teamwork spirit: able to facilitate the progress of your teammates; a good listener, open to other opinions and suggestions, aiming to actively improve game quality;
- Passion for games: an experienced and insightful gamer who is familiar with popular products on mobile platforms (iOS and Android), closely follows industry trends and news, and reflects on product refinement;
- Attention to detail;
- Language: fluent in Chinese, with a deep understanding of the Chinese market and player communities. For long-term success, proficiency in English is a must.
Qualities that will make you a great fit for our global team:
- Communication: You’ll be working with colleagues and clients in multiple countries and must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and proactively and present your ideas verbally and in writing;
- Scalable thinking: Yodo1 is on the fast-track to expansion; if you think scalably, you’ll advance quickly;
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We love (and support) entrepreneurship among our staff.
We pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the role. We’re looking forward to working with some amazing people!