UE4 Technical Animator
UE4 Technical Animator (f/m/d)
Are you someone who loves to live in Unreal building complex animation systems with blueprint? Do you love to be the glue between animators, designers and engineers helping them to bring their work together in seamless harmony? Are you passionate about building games that push the benchmark for animation quality?
Then you are the perfect fit for our ambitious and driven team. We are looking for a talented UE4 Technical Animator who can bring our games to the next level. In this role, you will be working with significant ownership and responsibility for building our Animation Blueprints whilst working with a team of interdisciplinary talent to produce high-quality, efficient, and powerful UE4 blueprints for our flagship title “The Cycle”.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Be the owner of some of the best animation blueprints in the world
- Seek to always improve our use of Unreal engine animation tools to make our game better (IK, Procedural & Physicalized Animation, Custom animation node creation, Control Rig, Motion graph, etc.)
- Standardize the interaction with animation blueprint across the team. (e.g., Give animators input into how to setup anim montages, blendspaces and the state machine optimally)
- Be the middleman for different disciplines: Make animators art a reality in the game, work with designers to help the animations to fit the gameplay intentions, approach programmers to optimize and extend the current set of both gameplay and engine technologies
- Spread your knowledge of Animation blueprints both internally and externally via workshops, talks, conferences, etc.
- While being in the animation department, be the first point of contact for technical matters in regards of animation in Unreal.
- Play an important role in review cycles, both in providing feedback on animations in engine for coworkers and improving systems based on feedback from team members.
- Be a gamer through an animator’s lens by joining playtests, playing the live game, and bring valuable insights and improvements on how to make the game even better.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical production issues
- 3 years of professional experience in game production
- A master in UE4 Animation blueprint
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum development cycles
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to improve and build new in-house tools in Maya and Unreal
- Good Maya knowledge
- Rigging and skinning knowledge
- Knowledgeable in Python scripting (not essential)
- Experience working on 1 st person shooters a bonus
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager and participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!