Technical Director (f/m/d)
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games while working in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment and with people who are passionate to create an awesome game experience together?
We are looking for a Technical Director with strong Unreal background and broad technical knowledge to oversee and drive the development of an unannounced multiplayer game in the free2play space. You will be part of bringing the game live and beyond making technical decisions that have a great impact.
As a Technical Director, you hold a great scope of influence on the product to ensure best practices and quality standards. You are expected to lead by example and bring the game successfully to life.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Develop and maintain the technical vision of the game
- Keep a high-level overview of the technical aspects of the project, ensure and establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
- As part of the project board, you work closely with other directors and producers
- Work closely with the lead game engineer and interdisciplinary agile teams to maintain best practices, development processes, and quality standards
- Contribute to the creative direction of the project
- Coordinate and manages the contact with external partners
- Exhibit leadership, motivation and direction to ensure timely delivery of high-quality game
- Contribute to company-wide technical direction, R&D and innovation
- Provide effective and constructive feedback to our technical staff, mentoring and taking part in the hiring
- 5+ years of experience in game development with at least one shipped game title
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a similar role
- Strong expertise with games as a service
- Worked on multiple games having experience in multiple areas of game development such as gameplay code; online services; build pipeline; automation; experience in working with external stakeholders is a plus.
- Strong expertise working with Unreal Engine 4, C++ and Blueprints
- Strong in problem-solving, ability to identify problems and define priorities
- Experience in mentoring and hiring
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch and present relevant topics
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
- Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
- Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
- A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!