Senior Encounter Designer
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Game Designer to join our team to create a unique 3rd person PvE-based co-op shooter for hardcore players packed with innovation. It is an opportunity to create a unique gameplay experience in an open world that let you choose your own goals, together with others.
As an Encounter Game Designer in this role, you will be responsible for creating exciting, challenging and highly replayable co-op encounters and missions and will take part in making the vision of the game come to life. You will join a talented team that works together to deliver a truly unique player experience and that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow and develop.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Design and prototype boss encounters, missions, objectives and map interactable.
- Collaborate with the core gameplay team to ensure encounters and game content are challenging, fun and balanced.
- Collaborate with other designers to support the needs of our progression gameplay systems, like loot and economy design.
- Thorough understanding of combat design and how level design affects gameplay.
- Create and maintain internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides.
- Iterate, balance and tune gameplay features based on ideas and feedback from team, QA and playtesting during the whole production.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Game Designer.
- 2+ years of industry experience within AAA, in an encounter or content design role that had a strong relationship with combat & level design.
- Familiarity with combat design and action games.
- Ability to deliver under deadlines and time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Avid gamer with knowledge and understanding of various games and game types.
- Passionate about videogames, especially co-op games.
- First or 3rd-person shooter experience is a plus
- Previous experience with Unreal 4
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban production methods
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!