Lead Game Engineer (f/m/d)
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games while working in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment and with people who are passionate to create an awesome game experience together?
We are looking for a talented Lead Game Engineer to join our office in Berlin, Germany. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a talented team of game engineers to produce high-quality game features for our flagship title ‘The Cycle’.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Functions as the game engineering discipline lead, responsible for managing game engineer’s culture, processes and quality standards towards different teams, disciplines and stakeholders.
- Works together with the technical director to improve the technologies our project require.
- Leading by example: able and willing to carry out game engineering discipline work in a clear and maintainable internal standard
- 5+ of programming experience in game development with at least one title shipped game title.
- Past experience mentoring junior candidates
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with utilization of solid software engineering practices
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working on live operation games
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 development
- Experience with Playfab
- Experience with multiplayer development
- Experience with console development
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!