Encounter Game Designer (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Game Designer to join our team to create a unique 3rd person PvE-based co-op shooter for hardcore players packed with innovation. It is an opportunity to create a unique gameplay experience in an open world that let you choose your own goals, together with others.
As a Game Designer in this role, you will be responsible for creating exciting, challenging and highly replayable co-op encounters and missions and will take part in making the vision of the game come to life. You will join a talented team that works together to deliver a truly unique player experience and that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow and develop.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Design and prototype boss encounters, missions, objectives and map interactable.
- Collaborate with the core gameplay team to ensure encounters and game content are challenging, fun and balanced.
- Collaborate with other designers to support the needs of our progression gameplay systems, like loot and economy design.
- Thorough understanding of combat design and how level design affects gameplay.
- Create and maintain internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
- Iterate, balance and tune gameplay features based on ideas and feedback from team, QA and playtesting during the whole production
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Game Designer.
- 2+ years of industry experience within AAA, in an encounter or content design role that had a strong relationship with combat & level design.
- Familiarity with combat design and action games.
- Ability to deliver under deadlines and time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Avid gamer with knowledge and understanding of various games and game types.
- Passionate about videogames, especially co-op games.
- First or 3rd-person shooter experience is a plus
- Previous experience with Unreal 4
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban production methods
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
- We support you all the way
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
- We care about your well-being
- Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
- We encourage continuous learning
- Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
- We know how to have fun
- A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!