Mid-Senior Game Designer
Yacht Club Games is looking for a talented mid- to senior-level Designer who knows 3D level design to join our game team. We are looking for candidates eager to build great games along with us!
- Collaborate with all disciplines to design and direct gameplay features to achieve the goals of the project at an utmost level of quality.
- Solve problems using the tools/time/scope available to craft unique and enjoyable play.
- Perform reviews of all gameplay content and provide meaningful feedback.
- Iterate on designs based on team and community input, playtests, and metrics.
- Passionate about playing and making games
- Strong 3D Level design skills
- Strong communication skills
- Deep knowledge of games
- Able to work closely with the programming team to design and develop gameplay features and systems
- Excellent creative, analytical, and organizational skills
Ability to write and maintain detailed design documentation throughout a project life cycle
- Advanced knowledge of level editing tools
- Self-motivated and curious with a willingness to continue learning
- Able to quickly become proficient in a variety of proprietary development tools
- Portfolio showcasing recent work
- Proficiency in 3D software (Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox, 3ds Max, etc)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Scripting experience
- Familiarity with SVN
Benefits & Perks
- Every member is a core part of the team, involved in any part of the company that interests them!
- Robust medical and dental insurance for you and your family members
- Generous Profit Sharing and Bonus plans
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% company match
- Unlimited discretionary vacation and sick days that we want you to use!
- Working in our beautiful office located in Los Angeles
- Free onsite parking
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique games!
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Mid-Senior Game Designer? Then we'd love to hear about you!