Senior Manager of Business Development (Global Search)
REPORTS TO (Title): Director Business Development (USA) DEPARTMENT: Business Development
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As the Senior Manager of Business Development you will broaden our current relationships with clients, create new opportunities sourced from your large gaming network, and develop a pipeline of business opportunities. In the office you will be a reliable resource for all employees by demonstrating your expert knowledge and sharing ideas. Outside of the office you will be a strong leader in your field with great communication skills. As an individual you are reliable, a self starter, and trustworthy.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary point of contact for global partners in designated markets.
- Approves and assists with negotiating strategic deals with developers and partners to increase Xsolla’s presence in assigned markets.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to grow business.
- Analyzes key partner metrics to understand the health of developer businesses. Based on the metrics, gives direction to the team on any necessary changes.
- Ensure your clients success by interfacing closely with your reports and other departments.
- Create strategy to secure business and close deals.
- Advocate your ideas in a variety of environments while promoting your team members.
- Exceeds expectations by tapping into your digital game expertise and network.
- Provides team with feedback, coaching, and development opportunities to help support the team member’s experience as well as to provide a foundation for professional growth.
- Assists with a variety of projects as business needs dictate.
- Serves as a conduit of information from corporate to the field.
- Navigate shifts and trends to develop plans for a successful future.
- Demonstrate everyday leadership by sharing accomplishments as a team, and inspiring those around you to strive for the best.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or similar field
- Located in Latin America, Asia (China, Japan, Philippines,...) Middle East, Africa, Canada, or Australia
- 8 + years professional experience
- Have lead teams in the past with successful metrics
- Must have a passion for games and/or prior experience in the game industry
- Strong network of gaming professionals
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Gaming industry knowledge
- Must be able to immediately handle a significant workload and effectively prioritize projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30%
- Experience with an entrepreneurial organization
Freedom to Act:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while achieving a high degree of accuracy and meeting deadlines.
Size and Complexity:
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization.
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- Need to understand specific client needs and problem solve appropriately.
- Ability to participate in or to lead special projects.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism.
- Performs well on cross-functional project teams and with external vendors.
- Collaborates with a variety of different vendors, clients, and internal partners.
- Both understand and sell the product.
- Inspire and support the career development of your peers.
- Well connected and experienced in the industry, a large network of industry members.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Xsolla is the video game business engine with a set of tools and services that help to operate and sell more games. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla product suite caters to businesses from indie to enterprise, with: Xsolla Pay Station and its #1 Anti-fraud solution, Xsolla Partner Network, Xsolla Site Builder, Xsolla Store, Xsolla Login, and Xsolla Launcher. These tools work seamlessly to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing, and monetization so developers, publishers, and platform partners can increase their audience, sales, and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Ubisoft, Epic Games, and PUBG Corporation. For more information, visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age (over 40), Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deems by the State of California.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization to achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.