Public Relations Manager
In the position of PR Manager, you will support our public relations efforts and take on some responsibility for the strategy, collaboration, execution and measurement of PR & Media Relations Campaigns, with the goal of building and enhancing a favorable image of our company with employees, potential candidates, clients, potential partners, influencers and the gaming consumer. Writing, technology and customer service comes easily to you, and you have a knack for game tech, social media, and forums. When working on a team, you listen well, collaborate seamlessly, and you are not afraid to share innovative new ideas. As an individual, you are accountable, trustworthy, and proactive.
Core Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Help add to marketing communications plans including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Help to coordinate all public relations activities including events logistics, speaking opps
- Work closely with the social media manager to create engaging content for audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press announcements, bylined articles and presentation scripts
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- 6-8 years and a proven track record strategizing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a domestic and international level
- Strong relationships with both business and industry media outlets, content creators/influencers is a bonus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills - short form, long form, branded content, light ad copy writing
- Solid experience with content for social media including bylined articles, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Global event planning and execution experience
- Experience in handling crisis communications via social platform interactions
- Must have experience working in the video game industry, and fintech experience is a plus
Freedom To Act
- Ability to self-motivate and work individually, while also working within a collaborative team
Size And Complexity
- Proven track record of successfully managing company reputation and multiple product launches while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization
- Willingness and ability to participate in special projects
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism
- Performs well on cross-functional project teams and with external vendors
- Understands the full spectrum of skill required to manage customer-centric relationships with partners
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.