(Closed) Content Writer - China
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
In the position of Content Writer - China, you will use your organizational skills and expert Chinese writing ability to help elevate the company within the Chinese video game industry. You will create content targeted towards the Chinese market that is attention-grabbing and within marketing and branding guidelines. When working within teams, you will be able to take multiple ideas in English and create something cohesive in Chinese. As an individual, you are accountable, trustworthy, and self-driven.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with business leads to create copy specifically for the Chinese video game market
- Write attention-grabbing copy for promotional materials, both internal and external
- Play a key role on teams for larger initiatives including brainstorming, strategizing, pitching, and executing ideas
- Collaborate across departments to execute on strategy and messaging for projects
- Contribute to the marketing team by sharing new ideas and approaches for meeting our marketing objectives
- Understand target audience and adapt copy to accommodate accordingly
- Research and understand the Chinese video game industry trends to help marketing team stay ahead of competition
- Write, contribute to and/or edit diverse types of marketing content for Xsolla, including but not limited to:
- Emails (internal & External)
- Sales materials (1-pagers, product and solution booklets)
- Video scripts (How to guides and advertising)
- Speaking engagement scripts
- Digital related copy including webpages, eBooks, landing page and app messaging and blogs
- Pitch decks
- Native Mandarin Chinese speaking, writing, and translation ability
- 3+ years professional copywriting experience within a creative agency or in-house marketing team
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Strong Chinese writing skills with a focus on B2B sales and technical subject matter
- Excellent Chinese grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- General marketing and branding experience
- Experience developing high-performing marketing content to attract and engage B2B tech-focused audiences
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple writing assignments simultaneously
- Ability to quickly adapt and learning new products
- Strong interest in the video game industry
- Experience with creating website and social media content
- Understanding of the software programs JIRA, Confluence, and Basecamp
Freedom to Act:
- Ability to self motivate and work individually, while also working within a team
Size and Complexity:
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization.
- Ability to participate in special projects.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism.
- Performs well on cross-functional project teams and with external vendors.
- Understands external relationships with partners
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Xsolla is the video game business engine with a set of tools and services that help to operate and sell more games. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla product suite caters to businesses from indie to enterprise, with: Xsolla Pay Station and its #1 Anti-fraud solution, Xsolla Partner Network, Xsolla Site Builder, Xsolla Store, Xsolla Login, and Xsolla Launcher. These tools work seamlessly to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing, and monetization so developers, publishers, and platform partners can increase their audience, sales, and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Ubisoft, Epic Games, and PUBG Corporation.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age (over 40), Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deems by the State of California.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization to achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.