Junior Game Designer
XR Games is an award-nominated games studio based in Leeds, UK. We make console and mobile games, have a specialism in VR / AR game production, and make non-VR games too. Our core business involves licensing existing IP, specifically movie brands, but we also make original product in-house on a work-for-hire basis.
We require a junior game designer who will report to the Head of Game Design. The role involves significant responsibility in design and production. It is a creative role.
Key skills include:
- Level design - maximising the value and variety of player experience
- Verbal, visual and written communication - talk with the team; create and deliver slide presentations; write design documents for team and client communications
- Ideation and concept creation - continually generate ideas and development directions
- Experience using Unity
- Interest and experience of Mixed Reality technology games
- Understanding and experience of UX design, especially in VR
- Knowledge of gameplay styles on different platforms including mobile, console, PC and paper
- Storytelling ability, especially in dialogue form
- Understanding of programming basics and mathematics
- An understanding of video game history
The role requires the applicant to live in / relocate to Leeds, or within commuting distance. You must be eligible to work within the UK. User testing will inform iterative development, and will require work with children.