Senior Designer, Marketing
At Wooga, we want to create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. We want to provide a place for them to be part of exciting worlds and touch their hearts with our stories. We're based in the heart of Berlin, where more than 200 employees from over 40 different countries work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
As a Sr. Designer in Wooga’s marketing team, you will transform our strategic objectives into creative campaigns for our new and existing games. You should demonstrate superior ability to engage cross-disciplinary teams and act as a design problem solver based on marketing goals. This can mean crafting a 360 launch campaign to excite new players, working closely with the Community Management and CRM teams to create engaging content for our existing players and also taking care of the creative part of ongoing UA asset production.
What will you be doing?
Working with internal and external partners you will define and ensure a consistent Brand language for each game and create high-quality assets that stand out in a highly competitive and extremely fast paced market while driving for improved and measurable performance.
Planning a launch campaign in collaboration with internal and external peers and partners for one of our upcoming new games will be one of your responsibilities. You have launched new games or products and you know how to take things from concept to reality and beyond. Go-to-market is just the beginning for you.
- You are strategic. You will come up and own the creative strategy for games and projects in order to meet Publishing goals. You are able to filter, assess and edit ideas that miss the mark on brand or performance as well as highlight areas where the team needs to focus in order to level up. You are able to effectively mitigate quality/timing trade-offs to deliver on schedule.
- A visual storyteller. At Wooga, we are specialists for storydriven casual games. We are looking for someone who can extend this mission to create best in industry, ROI driven marketing materials. Translating brand strategy to brand identity and developing a consistent brand language isn’t a foreign concept to you.
- Experienced in marketing design. You are able to ideate across a variety of mediums and then help find the right internal or external creative partner to bring that vision to life. You know about the different challenges for CM, CRM, ASO and UA design and can troubleshoot effectively. Bigger campaign thinking comes to you easily and you have the ability to maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects.
- A hands on creator. You drive projects from ideation to execution, directly executing them or working with internal or external partners. You're adept at creating and developing clear briefs with stakeholders to create innovative concepts that speak to our audience. You have a strong passion for designing original work and show strong expertise in graphic design, typography & print knowledge.
- An expert in your craft. Proven 5+ years work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role. Expert in hands-on knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and other graphic/branding software).
- Player-Focused. You have a user-centric mindset and can put yourself in the mind of differing target audiences. You believe in the power of UX design. Ideally, you have worked in gaming or entertainment before and are excited to make a difference to our players beyond our games.
- An Innovator. You are excited about generating clever, groundbreaking ideas and help us level up our marketing efforts for existing games, as well as building new design systems for our new games. Planning a launch campaign in collaboration with internal and external peers and partners for one of our upcoming new games will be one of your responsibilities. You are able to guide others in the ideation process and correctly filter viable vs. problematic directions.
- The owner. You own the creative process for your game, campaign or project and act as a design problem solver based on marketing goals. You effectively engage cross-disciplinary teams within and outside the marketing team (game teams, UA, data science) to ensure deliverable deadlines and quality are met.
- A professional mindset team player. You have a strong team oriented mindset to collaborate with diverse teams and value your co-workers input. You can clearly rationalise and explain marketing design decisions to stakeholders in layman’s terms. You have an interest in coaching more junior members of the team.
What you bring:
- Creative leadership skills with the ability to inspire other members of the team
- Able to define, lead and take projects from good to great
- Proven experience within marketing design including systemic design, graphic design, layout, interactivity, typography, illustration & colour theory
- Strong background in digital marketing asset design, creation and direction
- Passion for designing original work and “thinking outside the box”
- Design problem solving skills and advanced troubleshooting
- User-centric approach for different personas & audience groups
- Proven brand identity and design system design experience
- Game or product launch (go-to-market) experience
- Clear and effective communication, can-do attitude
- Ability to coach and mentor more jr members of the team
- Experience in effectively engaging cross-functional teams
- Experience of managing projects in a fast paced environment (timelines, deliverables)
- Experience in working with performance marketing teams a strong plus
- Agency experience a strong plus
- App/ game mobile UI/ UX design experience a strong plus
- Motion design and 3D experience a plus
- Bachelor/ Masters in multimedia design or similar a plus
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- Work just minutes from the centre of Europe’s most vibrant city, Socialise in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- A relocation support which matches your needs to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.