At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
In Wooga, being close to our players is one of our core values. As a Marketing Manager, you will be playing a crucial role in living that value by establishing market leadership in story-driven casual games and creating joyful experiences for our players.
As a Marketing Manager, you are always aware of the market and you know our players very well. You know how to identify ways to attract, retain and engage them on the highest level. You will be the owner of the high-level marketing strategy, designing and executing innovative and exciting campaigns across various channels, making Wooga stand out. Some of your responsibilities include:
- You will work in the Marketing Team and closely with our product teams on building and establishing high-level product- and marketing-strategies
- Be the growth hacker for Wooga games, continually growing our user base and engaging, retaining and re-engaging players around the world
- Drive and optimize mobile marketing campaigns, as well as analyzing and reporting their performance on an ongoing basis
- Work in the strategic and tactical areas of marketing, advertising, monetization, branding, licensing, virality, and community development as levers for increasing the ROI
- Craft and execute successful Marketing plans to communicate features and benefits of the game to players effectively
- Conduct in-depth competitor analysis, market dynamics and player research
- Identify key issues for customers as well as untapped opportunities for the business, gather competitive intelligence and run qualitative and quantitative analysis to help define development priorities
- Always find new ways on how to innovate and scale our marketing efforts
- Work closely with UA, CM, CRM and our Creative Production Team on how to leverage and optimise each functional area for one common goal. Foster a mindset of data-driven content (benchmarking)
- Keeping track of the overarching marketing goals between initiatives. Manage the marketing roadmap and build systems and processes to optimise the project pipeline
- Communicate and coordinate between marketing sub-teams and product team for strategy- and player-message-alignment
- Own your area of expertise, strategy and budget and not shy away from rolling up your sleeves and doing hands-on work
- Share your knowledge with the marketing team, product team and all Woogas
- You have experience in operational marketing and knowhow of running and executing campaigns and marketing plans
- Experience in building high-level marketing strategies and initiatives, including defining goals & KPI’s and owning a budget
- Comprehensive, proven ability to analyze data and customer insights and turn them into actionable business and marketing plans - and then execute to the highest quality
- Knowledge across multiple marketing channels, and experience with marketing services with high customer loyalty and long-term customer relationships
- Industry experience in Gaming or Advertising/ Media (mobile F2P casual games a plus)
- A wealth of experience in the brand- and product-marketing in consumer-focused categories on products or services with global reach
- Excellent communication skills - ability to create strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- A growth mindset and the ability to see things from a broader perspective
- Project management skills and the ability to align stakeholders with competing priorities
- Strategic planning & prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business, MBA preferred
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme.
- Extensive relocation support to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin as smooth as possible.
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German Is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success. We got your back.
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.