Head of User Acquisition
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
As the Head of User Acquisition, you will manage, develop, and lead a team of 6 (current) user acquisition managers while effectively and efficiently growing all our live games and supporting our new games using paid user acquisition and performance marketing across all channels.
- Responsible for determining our marketing budget with the Management team.
- Drive high-level strategic discussion on growing our games and determine their budgets.
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing between the broader Playtika organization.
- Provide an appropriate amount of structure, direction, and feedback to ensure a high level of team performance.
- Develop a framework to advance and build best in class internal tools using data science, data engineering and analytics resources.
- Align the publishing organization internally and connect externally with partners at Facebook, Google, etc. to facilitate studio growth beyond User Acquisition.
- Create a process to evaluate creative growth opportunities like Re-Engagement, Country Expansion, Platform Exploration and whatever else comes up.
- Promote Playtika-wide initiatives like iOS 14, Quarterly Performance meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with other growth teams like Product Marketing, CRM, Community, Ad Monetization, Partnerships, etc.
- Teams with a strong sense of psychological safety have been proven to be the most effective teams. Inspire, mentor and foster great culture within our excellent and diverse UA team.
- 5+ years experience in performance marketing for companies in the online / gaming / digital products space.
- Strong analytical background, Degree in business, engineering, MBA or similar preferred.
- You are results-oriented and metrics-driven. More Excel than Powerpoint. Be able to build assumptions and test cases.
- You have the ability to build and lead a team. You’re able to clearly communicate goals and inspire others in the team. You enjoy giving feedback and planning the development and career growth of your team.
- Experienced and comfortable interacting with, presenting and suggesting ideas to people at all levels of the organization.
- You’re curious about new technology and knowledgeable about industry trends and global consumer behaviour. You’re not necessarily an engineer, but know what SDK, API and ATT are.
- You’re willing to work hands-on to deeply understand a problem. You feel comfortable with discussing detailed issues with your team and working on high-level issues with the management.
- You show entrepreneurial initiative and strong problem solving capacity. You try new things, adapt quickly, invest when results are promising. Able to work well in a rapidly changing environment and market.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!