Game Designer (Content)
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for an experienced game designer who is well-organized, has a strong attention to detail, and who knows how to work with a live-ops content pipeline.
About the role
- Use Unity to configure narrative game scenes
- Work closely with various disciplines (like writers and artists) to create, configure, and roll out narrative-driven content
- Balance intricate and detailed Hidden Object levels
- Collaborate with our talented art team and provide feedback on scene composition
- Maintain and test the game’s audio integration
- Work with our world class writing team to bring the game’s story to life
- Review playtest videos and tracking metrics to improve HO quality
- Remain current on the mobile game market and especially competitive titles
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of relevant mobile game and live-ops experience, and you understand what it takes to deliver regular content
- You understand that player experiences are shaped by gameplay content
- You are able to work on concurrent tasks that span months
- You have experience working with content pipelines
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator (in English), who can coordinate efforts across a multidisciplinary team
- A knowledge of Photoshop, and basic composition and perspective, would be useful
- You can work without being micromanaged, and efficiently manage your own time
- You learn from your mistakes, are constantly trying to improve your skills, and are open to feedback
- You are an excellent team player who will fit into our multinational and über-friendly company of highly motivated professionals
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!