Worldbuilding Game Designer
Wizards of the Coast connects people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That's where you come in!
Are you a Game Designer with a desire to write art briefs and learn to build worlds, while always keeping your head in both the fun and the future of gaming? We are looking for a curious, adaptable, and creative new team member to bring their robust worldbuilding, writing, and game design skills to Magic!
What you'll do
- Write a high volume of Art Briefs
- Provide appropriate feedback to Art Directors about illustrations, including continuity concerns for character and lore
- Coordinate with Designers, Narrative Leads, and Product Architecture to ensure goals for card set are represented
- Participate in Game Design brainstorms
- Review fiction based on your projects to ensure consistency
- Participate in Worldbuilding and Playtesting to foster communication between groups and make sure card set is aligned with each team's needs
What you'll bring
Magic produces multiple worlds, hundreds of characters, and thousands of cards per year, and we are a high-talent, welcoming team seeking someone with:
- Prolific Art Brief writing skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- An orientation towards both ownership and flexibility in the game design process
- A deep love for and understanding of the world design process within a game design environment
- A passion for feedback and data to better inform their work
- Strong valuation of inclusive storytelling
- Knowledge of Magic's worlds and characters
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.