Web Marketing Analyst
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a passionate Web Marketing Analyst who is skilled at storytelling through data. In this role, you will work closely with the marketing team to craft digital experiences and fuel Wizard’s digital growth across the globe. Your analysis will show where the true value lies in the ever-evolving web optimization space, helping to craft the future of our business and brands.
About the team:
We are a mix of data analysts and scientists from all walks of life. We’ve worked previously at Activision, ArenaNet, Facebook, King and Jam City and had professional careers in economics, physics, and marketing prior to joining the gaming industry. We have academic publications as well as presentations at conferences such as GDC and Gaming Analytics Summit.
We are defined by our common principles:
- We are stewards of facts
- We are passionate about games
- We believe proven analysis leads to better decisions
- We listen and learn
- We are inclusive and encouraging
- We expect greatness
What you'll do:
- Web Health: Be the primary analytics voice on the web marketing team. Collect, analyze, and report on data such as traffic, visitor behavior, and site performance. Monitor trends and proactively identify areas for further research and analysis.
- Ad-Hoc Requests & Analysis: Work with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Webstore Operations, Digital Experience, Merchandising, IT, etc.) to support requests, prepare analyses, and present key finding and insights to leadership.
- Optimization Recommendations: Proactively identify and quantify business opportunities using your analytics skills. Working directly with product teams in crafting multi-million dollar A/B experiments.
- Identify Tagging Needs: Craft and maintain the data lexicon for all web properties. Support and define requirements for the new measures and reporting from business partners into executable items in Web Analytics platforms.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ year consistent track record in digital marketing, performance marketing or related analytics and reporting an absolute MUST
- Proficient understanding of ecommerce/direct to consumer and digital marketing measurement; features & campaign critical metrics including SEO, Affiliate, Email, Paid Media, on-site engagement tools, and content marketing related performance metrics
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe SiteCatalyst
- Experience with marketing automation tools and techniques including but not limited to audience development, configuration of journeys/workflows, campaign deployment and tracking
- Communicate analysis findings and tell a story with data to various types of audiences
- Knowledge of and passion for games, including Magic: The Gathering
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.