At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to develop friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a software programmer with experience developing and/or supporting a live game service?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for a Software Engineer to help build and maintain our game. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other specialists, you’ll be one of the main contributors within the team.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement solutions for Magic: The Gathering Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Contribute to technical implementation of sophisticated projects.
- Author and evolve technical designs and advise decisions made by the team.
- Support the live product and resolve technical problems as they arise in production environments.
- Work within your team to refine technical requirements for provided designs.
- Develop technical expertise in a domain and expand your knowledge in related fields.
- Bring quality, efficiency, and effectiveness to a diverse team.
- Grow into a mentorship role for junior members on the team.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in professional software development.
- Minimum 2 years of total job experience.
- Experience working with a team and developing positive relationships with your peers.
- Coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to write readable, maintainable code.
- Familiarity with software engineering methodologies, and the development of a product.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.