Software Developer, Web
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Contract/Temporary Software Developer to join our expanding Business System Engineering team!
With extensive experience in modern development methodologies and frameworks, you will be a contributing team member that provides critical insight, defining the imaginative vision of our products! Possessing superb interpersonal skills, you will adapt communication styles to accommodate certain situations and personalities, often across multiple cultures.
This role will collaborate with other engineers and domain specialists to craft, implement, and deliver amazing web experiences with excellence, on schedule and within budget. Able to multi-task across projects under production pressures, the role will receive strategic direction in order to make strong, self-directed decisions on solutions with a focus on performance, scalability, stability, and security. The ideal candidate will have a bias for action and growth, reviewing and soliciting feedback from colleagues early and often through a pattern of continuous improvement. Throughout the SDLC, the developer is responsible for maintaining a working relationship with UX leads, producers, and product owners so that features are implemented as intended.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the development and support of a variety of web services.
- Cultivate and maintain long term cross-disciplinary relationships.
- Consistently raises the quality bar for end user experiences.
- Diplomatically collaborate with UX designers, other engineers, architects, product owners, and producers.
- Identify current or potential technical problems and provide clear solutions.
- Audit existing web services and bring forward solutions for improving performance, scalability, security, and stability.
- Frequently deliver and accept constructive critique on technical designs, solutions, implementation plans, and code reviews throughout the development process.
- Propose and execute engineering solutions for new features.
- Collaborate with peers to produce detailed technical documentation.
What You'll Bring:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar degree or work experience.
- 5+ years developing in multiple web stacks.
- In-depth understanding of CS theory, fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Specialist in modern, cloud native front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in CI/CD, AWS, Docker, SQL, NoSQL, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, Node.js.
- An established portfolio exhibiting a high standard of craft that underscores scalability, interoperability, performance, and stability.
- Has successfully delivered at least one web service in an enterprise environment at scale, with millions of impressions per year.
- Proven experience in solving sophisticated problems with simple solutions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- A good communicator, standout colleague, and be able to contribute to engineering discussions with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Good foundational knowledge of WOTC games, especially Magic: the Gathering.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.