Senior Environment Artist
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you prepared with your unique skills to join our party of adventurers?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Environment Artist! You will work as a key member of the art team to create high quality, modular and detailed environment models. These assets will be based on game requirements, technical capabilities of the gaming platforms and any other factors determined in collaboration with the team that best fit the pipeline that you will help develop. The ideal candidate should be constantly envisioning the experience of the end user and be actively proposing and developing features that enhance that experience.
What you'll do:
- Work with our team of artists, designers, and writers to create high quality modular environments and environmental assets.
- Work with external development teams to guarantee a high-quality standard of 3D art.
- Collaborate with the game designers technical artist and engineers to develop features for player interactions with environmental building blocks
- Create templates, iterate and provide feedback on environment and props workflows and tools to maximize efficiency for the project.
- Collaborate with the art director, technical artist and engineers to develop pipelines and maintain artistic quality.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of experience in the industry.
- Advanced skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Photoshop.
- Experience working with external art vendors.
- Experience with modular environmental systems.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 or Unity.
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and professional artwork.
These roles are Contract/Temporary and will be employed by our partners at Eastridge Solutions. We are open to candidates both local and WFH.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.