Wizards of the Coast connects people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you an experienced editor who is familiar with a proven understanding of game design who can streamline and improve RPG manuscripts?
We are seeking a Senior Editor to work with our Dungeons & Dragons design team to rework and revise manuscripts, ensuring that they are formatted accurately and that they comply with the 5th edition rules and house style guide, and otherwise prepare them for publication. In this role, you will make meaningful contributions to Dungeons & Dragons products, mentor junior writers and editors, and assist in commissioning and managing freelance staff. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, are a versatile and empathetic collaborator, and understand what makes RPG products work, this role is for you. We’re looking for passion and professionalism in equal measure.
What you’ll do:
- Edit RPG manuscripts for quality and clarity while ensuring on-time delivery
- Provide editorial feedback to members of the D&D design team and freelance writers
- Collaborate with producers, project leads, and graphic designers to build project schedules
- Partner with principal creatives to draft and maintain style guides and templates
- Help junior designers improve their writing skills and junior editors improve their editing skills
- Assist in drafting marketing copy and cover text
- Assist in improving production workflow and processes
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years editing technical manuals or text-heavy games for known publishers
- Experience working with writers, graphic designers, and other production personnel
- Strong familiarity with Dungeons & Dragons, especially the current edition, and the Chicago Manual of Style
- The ability to write complete, clean prose and to express technical material—especially game rules—in a precise, elegant way
- Deep understanding of how text-dense, art-heavy books are constructed, using tools like Word, Excel, and InDesign
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and experience writing and delivering editorial feedback
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.