Retail Marketing Manager
Wizards of the Coast, (‘WotC’) is one of the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Hasbro SA, which is based in Delemont Switzerland, sells WotC products in Europe through its distributor Hasbro European Trading BV, (‘HET’) .WOTC Europe is part of Hasbro European Services and is based in Stockley Park - UK, providing services to HET.
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in.
POSITION: Retail Marketing Manager Europe –– Wizards of the Coast (based in UK)
REPORTS TO: Sr Channel Development Manager - Europe
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Channel Development team has the goal to bring to life the Wizards of the Coast (WoTC) brands within the newly developed Mass Market channel, fully supporting the core objectives of user acquisition and player accessibility.
The purpose of this role is to drive strong omni-channel visibility for WoTC products within the Mass retail environment.
- Partner effectively with Retail Partners to develop strong plans for visibility in-store, online and across customer outreach channels.
- Support the recommended sales strategy for WoTC in Mass Retail with yearly retail marketing development plans
- Create and implement required displays and merchandising solutions in key retail partners across key markets (UK and FR).
The Retail Marketing Manager, under the direction of the Sr Channel Development Manager, will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to take the overall brand direction around Premier Set releases and ancillary releases, to execute best-in-class channel activations to support the overall sales goals.
This position will be based in the UK (Stockley Park, Uxbridge)
Day to day responsibilities for this Wizard
- Partner management with key retailers and wholesale partners in UK and France (potential future opportunity to expand to new European territories):
- Develop and execute strong online and offline brand presence with each of the retailers.
- Refresh and innovate physical and digital merchandising in existing channels.
- Build annual Retail Marketing plans with each of the retailers, collaborating and aligning with our European Brand team and North American Studio/Marketing team.
- Ability to analyze metrics and insights to improve future executions/campaigns.
- Drive demo/assisted selling programmes and staff education in direct retail partners.
- Manage online listings for all ranged WoTC products and execute continuous monitoring and improvement.
- Working with Sr Channel Development Manager, Channel Sales Manager and Sr Marketing Manager, execute added value and promotional plan for key seasonal beats with strategic retail partners.
- Cross-functional approach to share creative output across other developing channels within the business – DTR and DTC where needed
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 3 to 5 years of Retail Marketing experience.
- Ideally a background in Gaming/Video Games/Entertainment
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills.
- Cross-Functional focus with a love of Teamwork:
- Go to market experience, especially in Mass/Broad retail.
- A track record of marketing excellence and building partnerships, with experience working in/with retail and/or gaming retailers.
- Strong creative judgement and eye for detail
- Project Management: Outstanding execution, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude: ready to get stuck in and operate in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- A passion for gaming/entertainment media
- French language a bonus
Education and Training:
- BA or BS Degree (In lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience).
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.