Performance QA Engineer
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in
The Performance QA Engineer plans, executes, and reports results from performance testing on applications, services, and web sites to make adjustments to the code, configuration, and operation of those systems. As members of Live Ops Testing Services, a multidisciplinary team responsible for testing in the Infrastructure Engineering & Operations group at Wizards, we contribute code and make recommendations for improvements to our technologies and processes. The ideal candidate will have expertise in the deployment of multiple high-availability systems with proven and predicted robustness across a variety of technology stacks while championing quality and having fun doing it!
What You'll Do:
- Plan, implement, and report results on Load, Stress, and Performance testing.
- Make code and configuration optimization recommendations and changes.
- Engage with teams in the creation of their specific Performance requirements.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, processes, and reporting.
- Recommend and make process and technology improvements.
- Assist in championing the value of Quality within the company.
- Help with testing and other duties as needed.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years crafting Performance tests for cloud-native and hybrid applications.
- 5+ years honing CPU, Memory, IO, and database resource requirements.
- 5+ years building reports and dashboards for Performance monitoring.
- 2+ years software development in Agile software teams.
- Outstanding testing, planning, and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced studio environment. Must be ready to embrace ambiguity and take action.
- Strong time-management skills with a proven track record of focusing on priorities, solving problems, and balancing multiple tasks.
- Games are a part of your life.
- Strong software skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.