Lead UI Engineer
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
We are seeking a Lead UI Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will lead all aspects of the development of the UI framework for our exciting science fiction role playing game. The ideal candidate is a technical leader with deep knowledge of building UI in Unreal Engine. This role reports to the Technical Director.
What You’ll Do
- Architect core UI systems and frameworks
- Define "what good looks like" for UI development at Archetype
- Consistently hit your goals in a timely and predictable manner
- Mentor other Engineers on the team
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience developing UI for AAA games
- The ability to develop creative solutions to large and complex problems without guidance
- Unreal Engine Experience
- A strong focus on quality and building scalable solutions to serve our UX team
- Initiative to push boundaries to build something outstanding
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant professional experience
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.