(Closed) Lead Client Software Engineer
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a veteran software designer with experience developing and supporting a live game service?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for an experienced engineer to help manage and lead a team of engineers who build and maintain the game client in Unity. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other engineers, you’ll be one of the main drivers of designs and decisions within the team.
What you’ll do
- Directly manage, guide and supervise a team of software developers while contributing to the entire project
- Design and implement solutions for Magic: The Gathering Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs
- Provide consultation on complex projects as a top level contributor/specialist
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team and help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise on production environments
- Use your experience to grasp issues quickly and make critical judgments in the absence of complete information
- Work with a variety of other departments to create technical requirements
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading and coaching hardworking software development teams
- 3-5 years of experience working with client/server architecture, using Unity3D and developing and shipping games in Unity,
- Strong coding, debugging and problem solving skills and the ability to write readable, maintainable code
- Strong communication and collaboration and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of software engineering, software engineering methodologies, and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.