Data Pipeline Product Manager
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That's where you come in!
We're looking for a proactive, high-energy Data Pipeline Product Manager to join our Data Pipeline team in Renton, WA. In this role, you'll work with a diverse set of product and engineering teams to craft and build innovative data systems that exceed industry standards and provide our analysts, data scientists, marketers and business teams with straightforward, accurate, and actionable insights. You'll combine your passion for data (insights, visualizations and usefulness) with product experience to lead similarly hardworking people at all levels in designing and building the data ecosystem delivering insights for all our gaming system.
What You'll Do
- Drive the vision, strategy, and overall success for the data pipeline (Ingestion, ETL, Datawarehouse) across Wizards by landing technology solutions that satisfy the business requirements and articulate a compelling data product roadmap
- Collaborate with people from marketing, analytics, engineering, and operations to seek complex and significant problems to deliver new and innovative data products, features, and improvements
- Design and maintain innovative and scalable systems that turn large amounts of data into clear, accurate, and easy-to-use visualizations and analyses
- Work with the development team to implement new features and improvements to these systems — turning your designs into code that lasts
- Meet directly with teams to identify ways to improve our analytics and anticipate needs by understanding industry trends
What You Bring
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with big data and analytics environments, including database technologies (Kafka, Alooma, HDFS, Cassandra, Vertica, Airflow, and database platforms such as Redshift, Snowflake)
- Understanding of product, either in launching new features or redesigning existing systems, as well as past experience working with data and analytics systems in the digital space.
- Proven success delivering automated, scalable analytics and reporting systems in a multifaceted and multi-functional environment while running multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to query large datasets using SQL, Hive, Python, or similar languages and to distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- Curiosity with an utmost attention to detail that drives self-audit of your work, need to understand complex systems and simplify topics
- An ability to clearly and optimally communicate and manage relationships internal and external partners, including strong prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading DevOps/Agile work environments through development, implementation and product operations.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.