Associate 2D Artist
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That's where you come in!
We are seeking an experienced, proactive Associate 2D artist to build industry-leading cosmetic card treatments for Arena. You will combine aesthetic sensibilities and a deep understanding of card game development to bring the world of Magic: the Gathering to life! The Associate 2D Artist utilizes a variety of tools to create inspiring and dynamic cosmetics. You will collaborate with other artists, animators, and designers to deftly balance visual direction with the needs of the game.
What you'll do:
- Paint depth textures for premium card cosmetics
- Implement, polish and playtest premium cosmetic cards
- Create additional 2D card assets such as premium card sleeves, avatars, etc
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 2 years experience or equivalent in animation, film or game development focusing on conceptual artwork
- Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop
- Experience working in Unity engine
- A good understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, depth, perspective, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Excellent eye for light, value, composition, and color
- Understanding of the distinctive Magic visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Love for games
- Solid understanding of 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya and Zbrush
- Experience with animation, modeling, and/or VFX
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a concept artist
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.