(Closed) YouTube Manager
Come join our amazing team in bringing esports to MN!
Get to Know Us:
Wisdom Gaming Inc. (Wisdom) is an emerging leader in esports production specializing in content creation, tournament organization, design, and strategic brand activation. From concept to completion, Wisdom’s diverse team of experienced esports minds offer turnkey creative and production services, tournament organization capabilities, and marketing strategy for brands and publishers passionate about establishing their legacy in esports and gaming.
Our extensive network of influencers, talent, and gaming communities allow us to expand our client’s reach through aggregate viewership and simultaneous live streams, while creating compelling content across multiple genres and platforms.
At Wisdom, we are powered by our people. Our culture is what makes Wisdom a fun and rewarding place to work. We encourage our employees to be authentic, creative, and great team players. Success is celebrated and integrity is the core of who we are and what we do.
What You Will Be Doing:
Wisdom Gaming is looking for a talented and motivated YouTube Manager to join our growing publishing team. This person will play a critical role in management of all YouTube brand channels that fall under the Wisdom Media umbrella. This role will focus on supporting the Publishing department and assisting the Brand Director to ensure that YouTube content across all brands is well-executed, consistent, and attuned to the Wisdom company voice.
- Ongoing development of a YouTube publishing strategy around Wisdom Media brands. (HotS, TFT, LoR, and future IPs)
- Pitching new video series ideas to internal game experts and the Brand Director as part of growing YouTube Brand channels
- Coordination with video editors and graphic designers around creative needs for both video and account assets
- Editing videos for YouTube, socials, or broadcasts as needed
- Quality controlling all videos to ensure they are to brand standards
- Optimization of YouTube channels through proper understanding of the YouTube algorithm and SEO via tools such as VidIQ, Tubebuddy, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and familiarity with Youtube management and coordination
- Deep understanding of the Youtube algorithm and analytics
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to interact with management and team members and conduct meetings
- Ability to learn and understand multiple brands and their unique identities
- Knowledge of gaming/esports (Some games we work in: Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Heroes of the Storm, Rocket League, etc)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Exceptional writing ability
- Understanding of proper hashtagging/tagging and SEO practices
- Creative vision when it comes to possible high engagement opportunities
- Willingness to problem solve and handle the reactionary nature of content creation and the esports/video game industry
- Availability to work with team members in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple assignments
- Must be a collaborator with ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Competent in Asana, Slack/Discord, and various Google applications such as Calendar, Sheets/Docs.
Education and Experience:
2-4 years of YouTube management experience
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Working hours: Full-Time traditional 40 hour work week with potential for nights and weekends work around events (comp time adjusted accordingly). Wisdom asks that working hours be within the typical North America business hours.
Work location: Bloomington, MN
Employment Terms: COVID vaccination is required for those working hybrid or working onsite at our headquarters' office.
How You Can Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume via the online application portal.
Just A Little More About Wisdom Gaming: Wisdom Gaming produces a mix of in-house and white label esports broadcasts in a variety of games. So far, we've put on tournaments in Heroes of the Storm, Legends of Runeterra, Rocket League, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant and more -- with aspirations of going much further.
We pride ourselves on a few things:
1) Ensuring that the content we develop serves the scenes for which we're making them. This means hiring professional players, commentators, and other game experts to ensure that our content makes a game's given community happy.
2) Striving for a healthy work-life balance for our employees and their families. We know that working within the esports and production landscape means reserving some evenings and weekends for broadcasts. As such, we work with employees to establish alternative work schedules -- or at least take comp time after a busy week -- to compensate.
3) Our top-notch FFXIV raiding party. It takes seamless team synergy to save the land of Eorzea, and we feel that we've got the perfect Free Company for the task. However, we're always searching for new warriors to help our cause.
Wisdom is committed to full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of our commitment, Wisdom will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
***Please note we will be interviewing for this position after the first of the year***