(Closed) Sportsbook Operations and Product Manager
WIN is an esports company looking for an Operations and Product Manager for an online esportsbook operator.
This position will be primarily concerned with the day-to-day operations and needs of a new esports betting operator. Activities will center around maintaining the daily functions of the platform as well as identifying and implementing potential improvements to help further optimize and grow the business.
Candidates should have a native understanding of both the esports and betting industries. Strong familiarity with best practices in sportsbook operation is required.
Experience working with esports or sportsbook betting operations is a plus.
Management of the operation and the platform will cover a range of potential responsibilities, from interacting with customers to organizing and bettering backend functionalities in cooperation with a dedicated development team.
The Sportsbook Operations and Product Manager will work directly with existing staff assigned to developing and operating the platform and will report directly to the executive level.
Applicants should be capable of working towards company goals with minimal oversight. Applicants should be comfortable setting and establishing individual goals, with being held accountable for carrying out tasks related to the position, and with proactively considering and presenting new ideas for improving company business relevant to the position.
The WIN staff promotes a collaborative environment in which team members are expected to work together constructively. Team members are expected to receive criticism and to contribute to other parts of the company when required.
Applications must include both a resume and a cover letter.
- Handle day-to-day operations of the sportsbook platform.
- Make sure that the product is live and fully functional at all times.
- Ensure that user flow is fluent through registration, depositing, trading, and support.
- Iterate and improve on existing product features.
- Manage and oversee components of the sportsbook product.
- Consider new improvements and work with the product owner and product development team on deploying required changes.
- Communicate with sportsbook customers with the goal of identifying their problems and communicating them to the product owner and product development teams.
- Cooperate with other members of the team to maintain excellence in our product and customer experience.
- Assist the customer service team with all sportsbook betting disputes, settlements, and cancellations.
- After a certain threshold, review sportsbook account activities to approve payment requests.
- Contribute to the development of long-term business strategy.
- Continuously analyze the product success points and failures to identify areas for improvements.
- Conduct research on competitors to identify trends in the industry and define overall improvements available to our product.
- 5+ years of experience in the online sportsbook industry.
- Deep understanding of digital sportsbooks in both form and function.
- Understanding and comfortability with esports.
- Understanding of sports betting.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work proactively with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of a team.
- A technical background to help understand technical issues associated with the sportsbook platform is a plus.