(Closed) Social Media Specialist
WIN is an esports company looking for a Social Media Specialist.
This position will be primarily concerned with the management of multiple social media accounts operating under the WIN company brand. Goals will include increasing follower and subscriber counts, increasing engagement, driving traffic to owned company platforms and activations, converting interested users into platform followers and subscribers.
Candidates will be expected to both actions on existing plans and practices, and to develop and implement new and fresh ideas with the aim of acquiring new users and better engaging with existing users. Candidates will be expected to formulate both monthly and quarterly goals and KPIs for which they will be held responsible. Candidates will work with company partners to distribute content and promotional materials and will be expected to manage these partnerships with minimal oversight.
Candidates should be fluent with a variety of tools and applications related to their responsibilities and should be prepared to immediately deploy these tools and applications.
Primary social platforms to be used include Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn, Discord, Instagram, Twitch and YouTube. Expertise with each of these platforms is required. Other platforms may also be used.
Candidates should be confident in setting and pursuing aggressive goals in increasing follower counts, engagement, and readership. Web platforms activated by company social accounts include an active esports editorial platform (WIN.gg), a digital sportsbook (Winners.bet), and an esports tournament platform (league.win.gg). Each of these platforms caters to a different audience and requires its own unique approach. Candidates should be prepared to understand intimately the nature of each audience and how best to communicate with them.
Candidates should be intimately familiar with both the esports industry at large and with its unique audience.
The Social Media Specialist will have at their disposal needed tools and applications required to best accomplish their goals, as well as the assistance of other members of the WIN team.
The WIN staff promotes a collaborative environment in which team members are expected to work together constructively. Team members are expected to receive criticism and to contribute to other parts of the company when required. Candidates must be prepared to accomplish their work with minimal oversight.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
- Conduct a review and audit of current social media accounts and practices.
- Ensure best practices are being fully implemented.
- Provide a plan for building out and bettering social accounts across various platforms.
- Maintain consistent activity across social media accounts through both live and scheduled postings.
- Develop appropriate means for interacting with other relevant accounts and with followers/subscribers.
- Increase follower/subscriber numbers across owned social accounts.
- Increase engagement numbers across owned social accounts.
- Communicate with the community and reply to community messages from WIN channels.
- Promote original content hosted on WIN platforms.
- Work with content distribution partners.
- Engage directly and frequently with the community around our products.
- Work reliably and with minimal oversight.
- 3+ years in social media and marketing work.
- Relevant college education or equitable work experience is required.
- Experience with tools and software related to social media responsibilities.
- Ability and flexibility to work under tight deadlines or at odd hours.
- Deep familiarity with the esports industry.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Motivated worker capable of accomplishing tasks with minimal oversight.
What we offer:
- A fun and challenging role in a dynamic, flexible, and remote work environment.
- The opportunity to work with individuals who are passionate about their jobs and about esports.
- The opportunity to grow with a rapidly advancing company and to grow one’s own position based on merit and success.
- Potential benefits depending on location.
We look forward to hearing from you.