Senior iOS Engineer
About the team
The Tools team at Wildlife is reinventing itself. It started providing services for the games' online features and has since evolved to provide a platform that leverages the best of our teams when creating, operating and distributing our games.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and in order to achieve that, we work with a broad technology stack and have a mindset of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
Tools engineers are responsible for all shared code between games, the team works closely with the game and backend teams. The team works on libraries that are shipped to production and are responsible for testing and making sure that the libraries’ ships without bugs. Since there is no pressure by games release schedule our deadlines accommodate more time to make sure our code is the gold standard for the game teams. We work on a daily base on a multitude of technologies, like Unity3d, Cocos2dx, Java, Android, iOS, C, etc.
We have several games in production and together they combine over one billion downloads. We know this number will only grow and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of developing systems that perform well and are reliable to ship on those games.
About the role
Wildlife is searching for software engineers for the tools team. Typically these engineers do not have prior experience with game development but are passionate about technology, have a broad understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts, are comfortable working with new technologies and are quick learners. Since we ship code that goes into production on multiple games you should be comfortable writing efficient and testable code. Many libraries have a backend component and you need to work closely with the backend team or sometimes make yourself the backend of our tool, so having a basic understanding of how APIs and backend services work is a plus.
More about you
- Passionate about learning. You love technology, theory, practices and understanding how things work. You get much more excited than afraid when you join a project that uses a programming language or tools you know nothing about because that is an opportunity to learn those things.
- Responsible for the end result. You understand that a job half done is not enough. Even when facing difficulties or unforeseen obstacles, you do what must be done. You know that is is meaningless to do tasks assigned to you without thinking about the success of the overall project you are working on.
What you'll do
- Identify common behaviours and functionalities between projects and extract and organize them into frameworks that allow faster development of other teams
- Define good code practices, maintain our continuous integration process and, in general, influence our software development to improve our quality
- Collaborate with highly skilled programmers on the backend, analytics, automation, and game teams.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc).
- Solid experience of software development professional experience in iOS.
- Experience with ioS
- Experience with Unity3D
- Experience working with backend services
- Passion for Games
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.