Game Engineering Manager
We're looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Manager, to join Wildlife's Studio Engineering team in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Studio Engineering manager, you will have a team of software engineers working on different game projects and be responsible for hiring and developing your team, using tools like structured 1on1 meetings and formal performance reviews.
Also, you will be part of game projects being involved in core decisions such as the overall software architecture, technology stack, design technical aspects of the game like gameplay mechanics, metagame logic, and game world economy, both in the mobile app and in the server. Additionally, you will coach all engineers inside the project and perform design reviews.
You will work closely with Product Managers to define the engineering roadmap and project's top priorities and as well with other leaders to define and fulfil department-wide goals, focused on improving our processes and ensuring that we have a world-class engineering organization.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the Recruiting Department to hire for your team, defining the number of positions and profiles and helping in source, reach out, interviews, offers and onboards.
- Improve your team by providing feedback in the day to day, bi-weekly 1on1 meetings and formal semi-annual performance reviews.
- Adjust your team compensation based on results produced in each compensation review cycle.
- Review the overall software architecture of new game projects and new features.
- Plan releases and ship new versions to production, monitor metrics and user feedback.
- Perform design reviews of other people's work.
- Plan engineering work, estimate tasks making assumptions about dependencies and risks.
- Provide timely visibility of development status and risks to stakeholders.
- Proactively look for problems in processes and propose improvements.
- Help to define department OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), and owning some of them.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Software development professional experience.
- 1+ years of experience managing the career of 2+ people.
More about you
- Passionate about people. You love listening to and helping others. You are a team player and can interact with people from different backgrounds.
- You are a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- Passionate about technology. Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries and ways to do things is fun for you.
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are player focused. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring that they have an amazing experience.
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team.
- You are passionate about working on and solving problems.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.