Data Engineering Manager - Data Platform
We're looking for a talented and passionate Data Engineering Manager, to join Wildlife's Data Platform team in Buenos Aires, São Paulo or Montevideo.
As a Data Engineering Manager you’ll play a key role in the development and evolution of our Data Platform that will democratize the usage and processing of our data company wide while maintaining good governance and observability on top of that.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Define and communicate the mission and vision of the area to your team and different stakeholders in the company
- Build, grow and lead a team of Data and Software Engineers distributed across several locations
- Set the team's goals aligned with the company's OKRs
- Lead the development of several products of the Data Platform, challenging the solutions and acting as a team facilitator.
- Report status to the Head of Data Platform
- Attract and retain talent
- Work with you team's members on engagement and career development
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer on distributed architectures
- 2+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer, building data pipelines, ETL or streaming jobs
- Proven experience with some tools of the Big Data tech ecosystem: Spark, Airflow, Hive, Flink, Kafka, Atlas, etc
- 1+ year of experience working as a Engineering Manager or leading a team of Software/Data Engineers
- Past experience building or leading a data platform is a BIG PLUS but not required
More about you
- You´re passionate about working on a data driven environment;
- You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude;
- You´re a visionary who can influence your team to go towards a common goal;
- You can communicate clearly with your team, your manager and stakeholders of the company to identify issues and demands;
- You have the autonomy to recognize the current and new priorities, evaluating the impact of their outcomes in the final result.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.