WildBrain is looking for Modelers for a new 3D project! We are excited to bring this project to life through the Unreal Game Engine pipeline.
In this role, you have exceptional skills and experience in modeling and texturing in Maya. You create characters, props and set models that accurately represent the artistic goals and story concepts of the production.
These roles are set to begin in February 2021 and April 2021.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Balance aesthetic standards and technical requirements to create quality models
- Uphold the art direction defined by the Art Director
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from directors and supervisors in a timely and qualitative manner
- Communicate with seniors and leads on concerns ahead of time
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- 1+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- Excellent knowledge in Maya, Zbrush, Substance or Mari and Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Highly motivated, pro-active, with a solid work ethic and positive attitude
- Solid knowledge of the production process and pipeline
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Encouraging attitude towards feedback and new initiatives
- Attentive and active listening
- Experience in Mudbox is a benefit
- Experience using unreal or an other game engine.
- Knowledge in Blueprinting lighting or Niagara VFX system
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off