Lead Storyboard Revisionist, 3D
WildBrain is looking for a Lead Storyboard Revisionist for a new 3D project! We are excited to bring this project to life through the Unreal Game Engine pipeline.
This role is set to begin in March 2021.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Receiving necessary notes from the Directors and/or Storyboard Supervisor regarding the storyboard and placing them into the appropriate panels
- Assigning scenes to the board revisionists, ensuring changes are production-friendly
- When necessary, inserting rough sketches into files to further illustrate what changes are necessary
- Maintaining awareness of series/show continuity, and ensuring the style and quality of the production is consistently met in board work
- Collaborating with the storyboard coordinator to flag any scheduling issues
- Mentoring members of the team to develop skills in timing, humor, and acting
- You have previous experience as a Storyboard Artist or Revisionist for an animated series
- You possess a strong understanding of filmic storytelling principles and techniques
- You have a Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- You are known for both your drawing skills and your sense of humour!
- Ability to work digitally (Cintiq with Sketchbook, Photoshop or Flash, etc.)
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character and composition
- Strong sense of acting and timing
- Creative problem solving skills
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off