Lead Lighting/Compositing Artist (Unreal), CG
WildBrain is looking for a Lead Lighting/ Compositing Artists to join our to join our team! We are excited to bring this project to life through the Unreal Game Engine pipeline.
In this role, you will oversee the daily activities of the lighting team and ensure deliverables are completed on time. You will work closely with the Art Director, FX Supervisor, Lighting Supervisor, and various other teams to successfully meet the show’s technical and creative needs.
Find a job that let’s your imagination run wild!
WildBrain Studios produces fan-favorite animation and award-winning content that kids and families love in every corner of the globe. We love what we do and it shows in the quality content we produce! Our custom-built Vancouver studio in beautiful British Columbia is a wonderful backdrop for our artists, but it doesn’t end there, we have employees working remotely across BC, Canada, and the world! Our artist-centric culture means we invest in our people, we provide training and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance, and fun activities throughout the year to meet, mingle and get creative with your team. If you like what you are reading so far, well buckle up, we’re just getting started!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the lighting team to deliver the show needs on time and to the expected quality standards
- Ensure and maintain the expected render time, quality and style across the show
- Communicate and work closely with the FX supervisor, shading leads, and the pipeline team to ensure an efficient and creative production
- Establish lookdev lighting and compositing environment to match the show’s needs on an episodic and series level
- Support, assist and mentor other team members
- Review, debug and improve other team members’ assets, workflows and techniques
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Assist with the creation of documentation for lighting guidelines and techniques
- Implement workflow, scripts and tools as needed
- Communicate with other supervisor and team leads on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Be a positive and creative force in building a healthy work and team culture
- Provide constructive criticism, wisdom, guidance and feedback that will help others further their career develop
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- Previous experience in lighting and/or compositing in animation episodic TV or film
- Good understanding of modelling, texturing, shading, lighting, compositing and rendering workflows
- Experience in Katana is a must
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Encouraging attitude towards feedback and new initiatives
- Ability to adapt to multiple show styles
- Flexibility, openness to direction, and ability to embrace change
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Arnold is a benefit