Who we are:
Whatwapp is the leading mobile gaming company in Italy, born in 2013 out of the minds of two university students, today we count millions of active users every month and growing.
We are a group of young and passionate people: we love games, we love coding, and we love design. We also love beer, but that's another story!
We believe that fun should have no limits or age, that's why our mission is to bring traditional fun on mobile devices and reach everyone who loves evergreen games.
As a Game developer, you will be responsible for creating and improving user interfaces. You will be responsible not only for implementing code and structuring scenes and prefabs, but also be involved in the design process.
You’ll be accountable for:
- You will develop and maintain mobile games and services across platforms for iOS and Android.
- You are accountable for the development, testing and release of your tasks, according to internal roadmap.
- You will be part of a team, working alongside game developers and graphic designers, while being led by the Producer who will guide you through your tasks.
- Taking part in the design and implementation of User Interfaces ranging from text displays, HUDs, menus and game elements.
- Debugging the UI to ensure a stable and high quality product.
- Coordinating with back-end programmers to ensure features work properly with the servers.
- Be able to complete simple back-end tasks.
- Be responsible to complete non-UI tasks
Commitment & Contract : full time
Location: Milan - Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 - Stazione Garibaldi).
Smart Working Policy and Flexible working hours.
What we offer:
- A young, dynamic and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Parties & Events.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- Free Water & Coffe; once a month pizza lunch all together.
- Relax Area with Sofa, Fooseball Table, and Board Games.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Strong knowledge of OOP, in particular C# Strong knowledge of UI design patterns. Experienced In Game Animation Pipelines Strong optimization skills.
- At least 2 years of previous work experience or personal projects in a Unity or other game engines development environment
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Italian or English fluent
Nice to have:
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
- Passion for mobile gaming
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (preferably in Informatics, IT, Computer Science or similar)
The recruiting process:
- Level 1: Screening call with the P&C team to get to know your profile, experience and motivation to join us (30-45 minutes).
- Level 2: Technical test to verify/understand your skills (time: 7 days as you start).
- Level 3: Technical call to deeper explore your expertise (1.00 H).
- Lever 4: Interview with the CEO's and Head of People and Culture (1.30H)
COVID 19 Updates
We are actively hiring! We adapted our recruiting process to keep everyone safe. All interviews will be held virtually and new hire onboarding are held remotely.
Equal opportunity disclaimer
Whatwapp is an equal opportunity employer: we truly believe that all people, regardless of their age, faith, ability, race, gender, or sexuality, should be free to express their authentic selves.
We promote diversity, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our people, our games, and our community of players.
Check out our website and help us make a difference in the mobile gaming industry[