(Closed) Junior eSports & Social Media Producer
Position Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full-time + all home match days
Contract Type: This is initially a 12-month fixed term contract.
Location: London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United media department for an eSports and Social Media Producer.
Would you like to build your career as an eSports and Social Media Producer within a dynamic and creative environment? Does the idea of working in a Premier League football club appeal to you? The successful candidate will work within West Ham United’s content team and will be given every opportunity to develop on-the-job skills in two dynamic areas; social media and eSports.
We are looking for someone who has an interest and understanding of football; is hardworking; reliable and professional at all times; has a creative, outgoing character with accomplished communication skills and be able to work anti-social hours to include weekends and evening as requested.
- Support on the Club’s social media strategy across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitch and YouTube.
- Film and edit original eSports content for social channels and West Ham United platforms, utilising the Club’s eSports player and other talent.
- Co-ordinating eSports talent for events, tournaments and content
- Write regular eSports articles for West Ham United’s platforms including our matchday programme
- Playing a key role in driving the eSports strategy internally and championing the sector
- Working with the commercial, marketing and communication teams to identify opportunities in eSports and action them
- Assist in any other tasks as instructed by the Head of Content
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- A degree in a subject related to the role for example media studies, video production, graphic design or marketing or equivalent experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Developed knowledge of the eSports sector particularly around FIFA18/19
- Developed knowledge and experience of all digital media, including high proficiency in social media
- Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.