WePlay! Esports is an esportainment company, a part of TECHIIA holding, that combines esports, storytelling, and entertainment content. We want to surprise and entertain every esports fan and attract new ones. We have been organizing esports online tournaments and LAN finals for professional teams of tier-1, tier-2 levels since 2012. We broadcast for millions of viewers from our studio to Twitch channel and other streaming platforms. Also, we have developed our own WePlay! Esports online media and tournament platform.
About the role:
WePlay! Esports is seeking out a dedicated Proofreader and RU Translator—this is one role. In this role, you would be responsible for translating materials from Russian to English and proofreading English materials, such as social media posts, press releases, internal presentations, etc.
The ideal candidate would be someone who speaks English natively (or is an expert) and is fluent in Russian.
This position is open to remote candidates, along with candidates located in Kyiv.
We expect you to:
- Be a native English speaker(or expert in ENG) and be fluent in Russian
- Proofread all materials with adherence to deadlines
- Communicate with the originator to maintain a consistent and clear message
- Ensure documents are as close to perfection as possible before release
- Understand the importance maintaining a company's public image via text
You are a fit if you have:
- Previous working experience as an editor/proofreader for 1-2 years
- Excellent Russian proficiency test scores or other metrics that prove literacy in the language
- Hands-on experience in editing or proofreading
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about the esports industry
Would be a plus:
- BA in English or similar relevant field
- Certifications in Russian literacy
- Experience in sensitivity reading is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of interviewing best practices
- Background working in a cross-functional product team
- Experience working with tight deadlines
Social package includes:
- Office space with comfortable work conditions, various esports entertainment activities, and is within a 10-minute walk from "Osokorky" subway station (if based in Kyiv)
- 18 days of paid leave and 12 days of sick leave per year(if based in Kyiv), with a flexible schedule possibility and remote work
- No dress code policy and low number of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance after successful trial period completion (100% coverage, premium package) (if based in Kyiv)
- Up to 50% expense coverage for specialized training
- Corporate events (office CS:GO and Dota tournaments, WePlay! Esports birthday, Summer BBQ Party, New Year Party, Children's Days) (if based in Kyiv)
- Gym partnership program for the gym located in the same building as the office (if based in Kyiv)
- Life events (maternity/paternity leave, "Welcome Baby" Gift, wedding Time Off)
- You will have a mentor and quarterly reviews to help you meet your goals and objectives, as well as 1-to-1 meetings with your lead to discuss work processes, and much more