Senior Systemic Gameplay Programmer
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games Montréal seeks a Senior Systemic Gameplay Programmer to work on its open-world AAA title based on one of DC Universe’s most popular IPs . This person will focus on the systemic ecosystem of the game, including gameplay, missions, and encounters.
- Participate in the early stages of the game development.
- Design and implement robust systemic gameplay modules to support player economy, missions, and run-time encounters.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to build production-ready systems.
- Expose flexible scripting APIs to content creators.
Condition of employment
- Permanent position
- Salary of seventy thousand dollars/ year to one hundred thousand on experience.
- Potential annual bonus
- Group insurance, RRSP and advantageous vacation plan.
Work Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience, 3 of them in the video game industry.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Experience with the design and implementation of gameplay systems including missions, gameplay scripting, and online networking.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with open-world gameplay systems.
- Experience with systemic gameplay and procedural content generation.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
Must have shipped at least one AAA title.
- Ability to communicate clearly with programmers and other developers (game designers, level designers etc.), and to provide active feedback.
- Ability to take ownership and support the team.
- Proficiency in french or english