(Closed) Senior Artist, UI
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
Posting Job Description
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior UI Artist to work within our UI/UX team to create and maintain high quality assets for our Console games. The Senior UI Artist is responsible for visual and interaction design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. The candidate will work with a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for our AAA titles. They are responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. The UI Artist must be able to work with industry standard tool sets and software to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements.
Working with other UI Artists, as well as the UI Lead, Art Directors, Producers, Programmers, UX Designers, and Game Designers, the Senior UI Artist will help design and shape the visual and interactive aspects of the game’s interface needs. This may also include UI workflow optimizations and developing new techniques for visual display and information presentation, as well as involvement in the development of the Visual Design Style that fits the style and tone of the overall game.
- Collaborate with UX designer to determine functionality and usability requirements
- Design and create UI components (ex. menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from Visual Comps to completed Features.
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UI lead, UX designer, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready.
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes.
- 5+ years professional experience in Visual/User Interface Art with a strong portfolio.
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces on at least one published game, console preferred, having completed an entire development cycle.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, motion graphics, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist
- Extensive experience with 2D art and authoring tools like Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, and AfterEffects.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Experience using Unreal Engine or other game engine
- Strong traditional art skills
- Experience with 3D a bonus
- Ability to work with, instruct, and provide feedback to outsourcers.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's right
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.