Brand Marketing Manager
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
Posting Job Description
WB Games San Francisco is recruiting a Manager, Brand Marketing to serve as the central hub in driving cross-functional publishing efforts on behalf of our mobile games with a focus serving as the liaison between our game studio partners and the IP holders for some of Warner Bros most beloved franchises including Harry Potter, DC Comics, Game of Thrones, Mortal Kombat and more.
As the principal point of contact between the brand, game, and publishing teams, you will advocate on behalf of both published and licensed titles so to ensure that each game has a sufficient supply of engagement-rich content to meet the games’ financial and strategic objectives while still maintaining the quality and authenticity expected by these global brands and their fans.
This function requires your leadership at all levels and across the lifecycle of each game. You’ll lead the development and manage the execution of Go-to-Market plans, Style Guides, and Tone of Voice documents that establish unique visual IDs, unique positioning, and consistent and distinct brand identities for each game. You will also have strong project management skills and coordinate day-to-day operations for current live titles.
You must have exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills that are simultaneously thorough, succinct, clear, and tactful. A passion for and familiarity with gaming and these brands, especially Harry Potter, is equally essential to succeed in this position.
Own game team relationship. You will:
- Partner with game teams to get all needed content around game updates including art files for publishing asset creation, descriptions of content updates, and materials for UA, ASO, CRM, community, and social media.
- Aggregate publishing performance data to share with game teams.
Own the creation of marketing content and their guidelines. You will:
- Develop Game Style Guides and Tone of Voice documents that champion a unique visual identity, unique positioning, and distinct tone of voice in the marketplace.
- Work with game teams to ensure style guides are flexible enough for publishing testing to achieve all financial and strategic objectives while also making the best use of Warner Bros’ global IP and meeting fans’ expectations for the brand.
- Help drive the strategy for asset development and own the asset approval process.
- Advocate for best practices in mobile marketing between game studios and franchise partners.
- Coordinate with International Marketing teams to review localized content.
Collaborate with Digital Publishing team. You will:
- Ensure everyone is working off the same set of goals and is aligned around the current state of the game.
- A/B test game marketing materials to drive growth.
- Be an expert in your games’ features, competitors, demographics, etc.
Develop go-to-market and live phase product campaigns: You will:
- Build innovative Go-To-Market plans with collaboration from all cross-functional teams.
- Manage consumer touchpoints over the lifecycle of the product.
- Must have 4-6 years game product marketing experience.
- Must have experience managing direct relationships with major IP brands and partners.
- Experience may include free-to-play and live-support on console and/or mobile platform.
- Strong experience in digital marketing space with user acquisition knowledge.
- Experience leading and developing high performing and progressive product marketing campaigns.
- Outstanding cross-functional leadership experience with a proven record to influence and collaborate across disciplines.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills that are simultaneously thorough, succinct, clear, and tactful.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including superb ability to dissect data and measure ROI.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills with experience working in Asana and other project management tools.
- Strong intellectual horsepower to drive thought leadership for the business.
- Ability to execute, prioritize competing deadlines, and manage multiple, complex projects.
- Team player that can handle a high-performance environment with empathy and tact.
- Self-starter and comfortable working and leading in ambiguous situations.
- Passion for mobile and live service games.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
- Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.