Producer - Gaming
WAVE.tv is a sports media company for today's fan. Through a portfolio of media brands, covering a wide array of fandoms and genres, WAVE.tv entertains modern-day sports fans with the programming they love, produced for the digital platforms where they spend the most time.
Their programming can be discovered across Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube. Each month, WAVE.tv's entire portfolio reaches over 60 million followers (80% 13-34 y/o) generating over 3 billion views with a unique reach of over 200 million.
WAVE.tv is seeking an experienced digital content creator and social media manager to create gaming and esports focused video and graphic content for distribution across our network of social media accounts. In this role you will drive the creative direction and execution of our gaming brands. We're looking for someone who loves gaming and esports and has a track record of creating compelling social media content. A vision for building an online community of engaged gamers is a must!
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Pitch, produce, and create short form gaming content for distribution across Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Meet deadlines and publish in a timely manner to these platforms.
- Develop a programming strategy and content calendar for this brand.
- Manage and prioritize projects autonomously, using time and resources efficiently.
- Communicate and collaborate with a team of social-savvy producers, video editors, and graphic designers.
- Leverage knowledge of gaming and social media landscapes to maximize content engagement and exposure.
- Identify engaging storylines and video clips, and then write and produce engaging pieces around them.
- Create in a fast-paced environment that is reactive to sports and culture.
- Guide creative strategy on assigned social channels, using analytics to inform and optimize our content.
- 3+ years producing highly engaged social media content
- Deep understanding of the esports and gaming landscapes.
- Experience creating viral social media video content across Snap, FB, YT, IG, and other social platforms.
- Experience in Adobe Suite of content creation tools, including Photoshop and Premier.
- Skilled in content production and executing creative projects from concept to completion.
- Strong sense of social media style geared toward a younger Millennial/Gen-Z audience.
- Able to work full time M-F. Some telecommuting okay, but the ideal candidate can work out of our Santa Monica office when necessary.
- Experience in fast-paced, tight deadline, production team work environment.
- A passion for gaming and digital/social media.
- You have a gritty & entrepreneurial attitude, and don't shy away from things you don't know.
- Willing to think against the grain and find disruptive solutions to emerging challenges.
- Previous experience working in startups preferred.