(Closed) Social Media Community Manager
The mid-weight Social Media Community Manager will own and operate the social media community calendar for key brand clients, building on new and established communities and maintaining high quality with care and with confidence.
Working with strategy, you'll be the go-to person. Strategy will set the direction and you’ll execute it. Day to day you’ll be liaising with the client, managing the community - inbound comments/moderation/feeding sentiment back to client, scheduling posts, writing briefs, managing asset libraries and engaging in social listening.
You will empower and assist the internal client services, strategy and creative teams to ideate and produce the content calendar ahead. You’ll be the go-to-person on the ground interacting with the community and making sure their needs are met and the strategy is being executed on a more ad-hoc level as well as from a planned POV.
Skills and experience that you will be able to demonstrate at interview:
- How you plan and ideate for clients (within a strategic framework)
- Successful content or community moments you have created or been involved in (any examples you’re proud of - such as reactive, copy-only, social, bigger thinking) which also met client KPIs
- How you set up and operate your community calendar(s) - what’s your process here, how do you QC, etc.
- Your approach to successful community/fan engagement and how you deal with it when it goes wrong - whilst remaining in the client/brand TOV.
- Client liaison - and what you like and dislike about this.
- Knowledge of social media management tools, such as Sprinklr, Khoros and Sprout (latter preferred).
- Ability to use social listening tools, such as Netbase, to report back to clients and the internal team on how we’re tracking against our KPIs
- Your experience launching new community initiatives on a local and European scale, and how these aligned with the client’s marketing strategies.
- Examples of when you’ve faced a crisis and how you tackled them.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 3+ years proven social media and/or community management experience, working with AAA/AA gaming brands or Indie titles.
- A huge passion for gaming especially MOBA and FPS titles.
- Top line understanding of content production process and an eye for creative and copy QC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enough confidence in your experience and knowledge to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- A passion for best practice, client satisfaction, and consistency of process and service across projects, big or small.
- When reactive situations arise you’re quick thinking and creative > sticking to a fixed process.
- Strong copywriting skills and confidence to respond to community comments as and when required while adhering to strict brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Experience producing detailed community reports covering community sentiment.
- Liaising with media agencies for scheduled posts that need boosting.
- An understanding of photoshop to create content using supplied templates.
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish August Fridays
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
SociHow Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.